Friday, May 11, 2012

Thoughts on the month

So, our little Emmie-girl is already one month old!


Things are going really well. Emmie still sleeps a lot. She is as sweet as ever. She is a strong little thing.
Eve and Zeke love her! They both love holding her and being around her. Eve always wants to look at her eyes. Eve also uses a sweet, high pitched voice when talking to her. 
The other day we had a conversation that went like this:
Eve: "Can I hold Emmie?"
Me: "No, she's nursing."
Eve: "But I want to hold her. Can you undo her head?"

And then she told me: "You just have so say, 'Hey Emmie, Eve wants to hold you, so you need to stop nursing.'"
 It was pretty funny. 

I have noticed that the transition from 2 kids to 3 has been easier than I expected. I don't know if that is because I was expecting it to be incredibly hard and it wasn't as bad or because of the help of my mom for a few days or because Russ is working from home and I see him periodically. But regardless of why, we have had a pretty easy go of it. 

Emmie breastfeeds well, sleeps good and is a sweet baby! 

I have a lot of weight to lose. I gained almost 60 lbs with this pregnancy and I was about 20 lbs overweight when I got pregnant. So basically I have this huge task ahead of me...and I know I can do it, but I don't really want to. 

I have started playing volleyball. They have a women's church league here and I have gone for the last 2 weeks. It is fun and it feels good to get out there and be active. 

We planted a garden. My parents helped clear out a couple noxious bushes and helped get the area prepped. I planted cabbage, carrots, radishes, zucchini, tomatoes, and peppers. I also plan to plant some green beans in June. I also have several herbs in planters around the house. Our neighbors are master gardeners. Anne, the wife, shared a few herbs with me and I look forward to using them. I have Lemon balm, chocolate mint, sage, thyme, oregano, rosemary, lavender, cilantro, chives, basil and dill. I hope and pray that my vegetables and herbs grow!

Springtime has been lovely here in Idaho. The farmers fields are beginning to sprout their crops, the days are warm and the nights are cool, flowers are blooming and trees are blossoming. It is such a lovely time of year and I am loving it!

We have a few great things to look forward to this summer...we just had Emmie's blessing and lots of family came to town for that. It was fun. Now we leave in a couple of weeks to head to Texas for Kathy's wedding. It will be wonderful to see the Robinson family. 
Then Hy and Sami are coming to town. It has been almost 4 years since we have seen them. We are so excited to see them and to meet Tyler and Lincoln. Plus, some of my sisters will come to town too and that will be loads of crazy fun. 
My sisters and I are also planning to go see Wicked this summer. I have wanted to see it for so long and am looking forward to it. 
Then we'll go to Mackay with some of the Neilson family. Fun times.

So, lots of great things have been happening and there is a lot to look forward too. Life is good and we are so blessed!



1 comment:

Beth Benson said...

I'm not sure I comment lots, but I wanted to let you know :) I read all your posts. I love watching your family grow even though I haven't seen you in well over ten years.